phpMyBlacklist - Table of Contents
Released for use under the BSD license. All further releases of this documentation must comply with the BSD licensing requirements.
phpMyBlacklist is a collection of documents and scripts for setting up and automating the administration of a
email blacklist using Bind for DNS zone resolution, Apache + php + MySQL for administration and crontab + bash shell
scripting to integrate the system.
- Installation instructions for all components, including:
- Name server setup to setup the required zone files (Based on BIND software):
- Modification of an existing domain zone to create the bl.domain.com third level zone.
- Creation of the third level DNS zone.
- Inclusion of the third level zone into the named.conf config file.
- MySQL Setup:
- Creation of the required blacklist and whitelist zones.
- Username and database setup and permissions.
- Apache+PHP Setup:
- Configuration of the necessary files for database access
- Setup of the password protected administration page
- Setup of the optional public lookup page
- Shell Script Setup:
- Setup of the cronjob script to update the zone files
- Setup of the script to email statistical data to the primary manager
- Optional shell based addition scripts for adding to the blacklist/whitelist tables from the command line.
- Setting up your mail server:
- Test First: Test your zone file and test the web to db to cronscript is working.
- Setting up sendmail
- Setting up postfix
- Setting up qmail
- Setting up other mail servers
- Management instructions for the blacklist
- Discussion of who should have access to the blacklist administration page.
- Discussion of policy for removing IPs from the blacklist
- Discussion of where to place the public search page